Tuesday 2 March 2010

AMSTERDAM FILM MUSEUM


After planning the schedule for the short break in Amsterdam - a trip to the Film Museum was logged in and on Friday I made my way to the Vondelpark (the current location of the museum). In 2012 the museum will be moving to its new location with an award winning building as the new residence.

On entering the museum I was disappointed to not see any film memorabilia such as old cameras props etc. The building was purely a place where you could go and watch nostalgic, classic films such as: An American in Paris, North By Northwest, I hired a contract killer and Visage. I am hoping that when they are re-located to the new swanky building that there will be a much bigger emphasis on the history of film as well as a place to view classics?

No comments:

Post a Comment