Loading...

Friday, 14 May 2010

FINAL PRACTICAL OUTCOME

I have today completed the final practical outcomes for my 2nd Semester project which has been focussing on memory and its effect through film.

Below are some of the shots taken of the DVD, cover and case.

This has been a real labour of love as I have encountered more problems that I would like to mention when writing the final hi-res mp4 files along with that the disaster of loosing my hard drive last week meant that I have been playing catch up.

1 hurdle over and just a couple more to go now. I am really pleased with the final films and the package as a whole.

Next on the list is the design boards which need to be completed by tomorrow afternoon (Saturday) so that they can be printed at the local printers.

Bring on next Friday when I can breath a sigh of relief!!!






Monday, 10 May 2010

A PICTURE A DAY

I made a decision right at the beginning of the second semester to take a photograph a day mainly on my iphone (as I always have it with me).

Today I have spent some time collating them images together and formulating them into some sort of order.

Below is a quick visual of all the images in chronological order (I think?) _ i will be re-checking the dates laster but felt I needed to put this on the blog as I get ever closer to hand in dates!!!

It was really interesting to look at these once they where all in position on the page - it almost maps out the time so far in this second semester in a very visual way.


THINKBOX TV AD - MEMORIES (SUBCONSCIOUS)

CINE IN THE WOODS

After lots of prep work and getting images from my mum which she has been digging out of shoe boxes for the last 3 weeks it was time to go on an adventure in the woods this weekend. With the disaster of loosing my hard drive on my lap top behind me it was time to focus on some positives within this project.

I set up a position to undertake the filming whilst there was still daylight, I needed to be in a position where a 200ft extension lead would reach, this was a little restricting to say the least (I am in negotiations with a friend re borrowing his small generator, the only issue I have with that is the noise (it was interesting last night to see the odd set of little eyes lighting up - don't think I will get that if there is a generator working at some ungodly decibeles!).

Anyway - I positioned all the images that I have managed to collect over 3 trees each one set back from the other to give a good depth of field. The projector was set up, lap top ready and digital camcorder in position. After approximately 45 mins last night at 1am I decided that I had enough footage to see if this was working.

Below is a series of still shot of the set up and some of the projections into the woods.