Wednesday 28 April 2010

Experimental Cine Film

The film below is a short experiment that I have been playing around with after reading repots on colour memory. I have used acrylic paints and scratched some white end of cine super 8 film. The film was also left on a radiator at home to speed up the process with some interesting effects.

This piece was finding ways to utilise the scrap film that was left from an old cine film I purchased off ebay.

This exercise had made me think of other experimental ways I can produce footage that relates to memory.




Abstract cine film painted (memory in colour) from Dave Howarth on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. I really love this.
    Especially the bits of text and the crazing/cracking within it. I'm wondering whether this interjected into the cinefilm of one of the trips would work to suggest the lapses or reliability of memory or something.

    I really like the use of a lighter score too. It remindes me of some of the video influences I put on my blog about Oskar Fischinger and the Whitney Brothers.

    By the way, if you want to manipulate your sound, you can download something like Audacity for free that allows you to alter the pitch and stuff should you want to create sections that get "a bit fuzzy" or slower or faster or whatever. The kids at school use it with hilarious results: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    D

    ReplyDelete